Saturday, September 7, 2013

Contemplates Life at a Temple

I find myself hurrying to finish projects, favors, and gifts to people I care about, and also for the sake of my undying sense of honor.  
I only have a week left since I decided to take the scholarship that was offered last month that will take me to a temple in Bacolod and live there studying Buddhism and other things like calligraphy and Buddhist etiquette regarding living a simple life. Not to mention the delicious vegetarian food in there that I can eat. Finally eating healthy! 

Despite having the opportunity to decline and simply get on with my life and just follow what I have laid out for myself this year, I would still grab this opportunity.  
It's definitely something I've always wanted to go to but since I chose to focus on my solo show,the single most important thing that I've been working on, everything not related to my solo debut has been nothing but a distraction. 

This one is different because aside from getting in as a scholar, it can teach me in so many ways that may even help create better artworks in the future. 

I just know that I'll come out of this a better person. 
The many projects I have will then have to wait.

I also want to go to Tibet someday and I would like to go there not as tourist but someone who studied the ways of Buddha. 
I believe in fate. Everything seems to fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment