Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bubbles That We Are

In Memoriam
Juneseven E.
Born June 7, 1987
Died December 4, 2013 

The rain and leaves fell that day
On a summer that yearned for autumn
In a universe where you no longer exist
The burden of remembrance is on me

Will you tell me again
How we ran hand in hand
Towards the ruins of an old museum
In the grove of Narra trees in full bloom?

The present can only summon memories from the past
But not the emotions that were buried long before we part
To dream of you is to remember you in my sleep
Always in a fleeting moment that can never be seized



 A dear friend from college passed away in the morning of my birthday yesterday...
In the midst of the celebration in the temple, a demonic grief almost swallowed me but I didn't allow myself to be unmoved with sadness. Let me mourn her passing through short stories and poems that can hold the versions of truths on what moments we had in the past when we were young and naive.



No comments:

Post a Comment