Saturday, November 1, 2014

Substitute for Meditation

I didn't feel like talking to people in a while and have decided to stay in my cave. I wanted to rest and just be alone, a lot of people who doesn't know how to appreciate solitude often go bonkers. If I wouldn't spend time with just myself, I would have probably gone insane.
So to keep my sanity in check, I had separate myself from the trappings of the corporeal world and look at it from the outside.

After my solo show, I received encouragements and praise, got interviewed for a popular art magazine in the country and had gotten the attention of a few collectors.I got new offers for solo shows and other shows aside from opportunities of enriching my career. It's all good.

I am by no means obligated to follow them. At least that is how I feel, because I really have nothing to prove.

I earned enough from my show that I could take a vacation for a long time. But I still need to work to survive, eventually.
It will be frugal but comfortable.

I realized that though I have high aspirations as an artist, I am not as romantically chained to them as other artists think they should be.

It is more important for me to take a break and take it easy. :)
Great things are ahead. Soon, I will be making my descend back to earth. Or maybe I'll stay here awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment