Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hand Made Monster Hunter Icons



I really love the Monster Hunter series. So I decided that I would make a wooden carved key-chain out of the icons from the game.

Great Sword Icon


I know it's not much but I wanted to see how the icons would look like on wood because of their simple and recognizable design. I'm a bow user so I decided to make one from the bow icon and I found that the Great Sword icon is rather simple enough to give it a try. 

I've been playing Monster Hunter for years now and it started back when I still owned a PSP, was thinking of buying a PS Vita if they had an MH game but sadly the PS Vita didn't, so I decided to buy a Nintedo 3DS instead. 

Currenlty playing MHX today and I'm quite happy about it even though it is only a Japanese release and we don't have news yet if it's coming to the West. I still have a few projects on wood carving so I'm a bit busy with these projects and I also have an upcoming project that is currently in the works.
I'm rather sad about not having the time to play games but I have to take it like an adult. I'm not ashamed that I love playing games and it is perfectly a wonderful source of entertainment and abnegation. 

I will make more of these and see where I can go from here, as long as I have extra materials and time to work on trinkets like these again. In the mean time, projects and commissions come first and I would be happy to show some of the projects that I have been working on some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment