Monday, August 5, 2013

Repainted Bike with Wooden Parts

Touched by Midas 

It took me a while to really finish painting and letting the paint dry and it really dries very very slow but I'm happy with the result.
I went ahead and made wooden handle bar grips and wooden pedals. The next thing on my list is the wooden chain-guard and the wooden handle bar for my newly bought mountain bike frame. The basket and trunk at the back is on their way to creation.

Guijo Pedal Popsicle Style
I applied some transparent grips used in longboards
No varnish yet
Trying the alignment out even without the shape yet
Mahogany Handlebar Grips
Eventually, I would like to create a wooden bike with my own design. Though I've seen bamboo bikes roaming around the metro, it's not a new thing. Bamboo bikes have very limited styles as opposed to the designs that I want to create. Solid wood still proves to be a more flexible option.

I don't need a very expensive bike, I prefer to assemble and create the parts myself. I feel that it's more satisfying and really shows my character while at the same time saves me a lot of cash!

My bike is still far from what Gucci sells but it's MOINE!! All MOINE!

I am now ready for some long bike rides then picnic and wine afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment