Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sunday Sweet Solitude

Second breakfast. Matcha Green Tea, Water, French Toast & Pandesal
and Suman
Sunday is my favorite day, it has that sort of tranquility that I can’t achieve anywhere else. Ever since I went back to Laguna I’ve always wanted to stay there on Sundays.
It’s just not the same when I spend it somewhere else.
I try to visit my grandmother on Sunday mornings, walking to her place and have a quick breakfast there around 6am. My grandmother wakes up at 2-3am and does her lifetime work of cooking, at 78 she seems rather strong.

Walking back makes me hungry again so I eat a second breakfast. Eating a lot in the morning makes me eat less in the evening.

There is bliss in staying at home on a Sunday, while opening a can of cat food for 6 meowing cats, washing clothes, and sweeping the front yard of dried fallen leaves to feeding the chickens roaming around the house.
 
The dried roses are looking good after a week of hanging.

If things go well and I feel like interacting with people I simply walk to friends’ houses and have coffee with them in the afternoon, to talk about things that makes sense and things that doesn't, otherwise I just call friends on the phone. If I don’t feel like seeing a living soul I watch the Hannibal TV series or Dexter or some movie or read a book. 

I've come to realize that as I grow old, routine seems very important and I tend to hate it when my schedule is a bit disturbed. Nonetheless, it's a good Sunday to do some house chores and to relax in the triumph when all of it were done in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment